Sunday, April 13, 2008

In dust...

My longest poem yet. This is one of the older poems, fresh out of the archives. Enjoy :-)



In dust...

In dust,
I once lay torn.
Like a phoenix,
From the ashes I’m reborn…

Vision of royalty,
Of a damned queen,
All clad in black garments
Unlike any I’ve ever seen.

Her guise
Angels could ensnare,
Her stride,
As though walking on air.

She, from thousands of men,
Selected just one knight,
To be made keeper
At the gates of the night.

That knight
Was I.
A simple gaze
And I could not die.

A cold touch,
A poisonous kiss,
A moment of pain,
Of pure bliss…

Soft whispers
Of an unknown spell,
Release old demons
From their bonds in hell.

Eons have passed
Since that day,
A thousand years more
Still to pay.

Her heart, just as mine,
Slowly, turned rusty and old.
Our souls
Were shattered and cold.

Until that faithful day,
When the one with an angel’s face
Granted me mercy
And took me into her grace.

She might know,
Or still be unaware…
Noble such a heart
Has long since become rare.

A human by sight,
A goddess by name.
Victory returned my soul
A blazing flame.

When the Dark Queen
Got word of me not at her side,
She damned me to hell.
Out of her grace, I soon died.



Innocent child,
Righteous empress,
Fierce warrior,
Blessed goddess,

I did not know
My angel could be.
A warm touch
And I was once again free.

Death dealt
Scores of scars,
Now healed
By Heaven’s golden stars.

In dust,
I once lay torn.
Like a phoenix,
From the ashes I’m reborn.

No comments: