Sunday, November 29, 2009

Autism Spectrum Quotient

I am tired. Tired of all the nonesense, of the preaching and of what you call self victimization. So I wound up searching and buffing up the defence for my condition. Not that I want to show you were wrong, but to prove for my own peace of mind that I was right about it. I am talking about my Asperger's syndrome. 


I came across a test devised by a Cambridge Psychologist named Simon Baron-Cohen, for the Autism Spectrum Quotient (you can find the test here).


And here are the results we have all been waiting for: (drum roll please)


The test assesses five different areas. Autistic-like responses will show poor social skill, attention switching, communication and imagination, and an exaggerated attention to detail. In other words, geekiness. You scored 32. The ranking below provides some idea of where that AQ fits in.

Score



32 - 50


Scores over 32 are generally taken to indicate Asperger's Syndrome or high-functioning autism, with more than 34 an "extreme" score.
  
31

  
30

  
29

  
28

  
27

  
26

  
25

  
24
Average math contest winner
  
23

  
22

  
21
Average male or female computer scientist
  
20

  
19
Average male scientist, and average male or female physicist
  
18
Average man
  
17
Average female scientist
  
16

  
15
Average woman, and average male or female biologist
  
14

  
13



0 - 12



1 comment:

Little Dwarf said...

Honey, this is just a test. And Asperger's is just a diagnosis. What REALLY matters is that you're actually a nice, intelligent person, who knows how to play and have a pleasant conversation. A very ticklish and hugable person, too! ;)